Aug 21, 2020
Get the recipe here:
120g all- purpose flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
265g granulated sugar
28g almond paste
220g unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 eggs, room temperature
Icing sugar for dusting
115g cup sugar
340g fresh rhubarb, sliced in 1-inch pieces
300g fresh raspberries
1. Heat the oven to 165°c. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a food processor, beat the sugar and almond paste until the paste is in fine pieces.
3. Add the butter and cream to the mixture until it is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition so that each egg is thoroughly combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients, mixing on low speed just until combined.
4. Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan. Pour in the batter and use a spatula to smooth the top. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour or until the centre springs back when you push it gently.
5. Let the cake cool for about 20 minutes before releasing the sides of the springform pan. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1/4 cup water to the sugar and rhubarb and bring to a simmer. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the rhubarb is starting to fall apart. Remove from heat. Fold the raspberries into the cooked rhubarb and let sit until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.